Transition of Leadership at Greene Stairs

 East Lynn, IL - October 26, 2020

Greene Galvanized Stairs has announced a succession plan to transition its leadership to the next generation.

On October 17, Rex Greene stepped down from the role of President after 25 years of leadership. Rex will continue to serve on the Board of Advisors. Mike Adams has been named as the new President and CEO.

In his address to the company team members, Rex stated "I have been blessed by having this business; it has given me the ability to raise over 40 kids, and to help with projects at my church and in my community. It has given me the great opportunity of working with a first-rate crew (the Greene employees). Dad (Paul Greene) always planned what he was going to do when he retired, but he never got the chance to do those things. I feel it's time for me to see what projects and blessings God has planned for me in the next phase of my life. And I feel that Mike is ready and it's the right time to hand off the leadership to Mike to see what God has in store for him and the business."

Mike is in his 13th year with the company and has served as Vice President of Sales and Operations for the past 8 years. He is serving as a Board Member in the G.E.A.P.S. Hoosier Chapter, and is a member of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE). Mike has worked with key customers and other industry leaders since coming to Greene. He intends to maintain the values that made Greene Stairs what it is today by maintaining a people-oriented philosophy. 

"We provide safe access for people performing dangerous jobs," Mike said. "Our company has always worked to provide safe, high-quality solutions and excellent customer service. We will continue to be a strong partner in safety for people in the grain and commodity storage industries."



Comments